Calf rearing is a time consuming and labour-intensive task for any farmer, and it happens to occur at the busiest period on most farms. The workload is usually split into two which means the time for feeding ends up taking longer than anticipated.
To help spread the workload on farms, many Irish farmers are opting to use once-a-day (OAD) calf feeding. It can be implemented with no cost and does not compromise calf health or performance.
Take a look at some of the benefits below:
- Feed calves at a time that suits your workload = Significantly reduced labour
- Encourage the calf to eat more concentrate = Reduced total calf rearing cost and early weaning
- Vitalac Blue is tailormade for once-a-day feeding = calves nutrient milk requirements satisfied
- A potential feed cost saving of up to 25 cent per calf per day = increase cash flow and profit
- Opportunity to use sheds away from calving /parlour. This helps reduce stocking rates, hence reducing disease risk = healthier calves with better daily live-weight gain
To find out more about our Vitalac Blue, click here.
Our team are available to help you achieve optimum results from your calf rearing system. To find out more, contact your local Agritech sales representative/distributor or click here.
Connect with us on SOCIAL MEDIA: