Although temperatures are beginning to rise, calves are still at risk of contracting pneumonia. Take a look at some of the common causes as well as our effective solutions below:
- Variation in high day temperatures and low night temperatures. If greater than 13°C, animals are at a higher risk of pneumonia
- Poor shed ventilation, i.e. leaving doors open in the late evening
- Overstocking sheds. As calves grow, they require more ground and air space
- Treat all symptoms immediately
- Provide shelter, space and keep calves rehydrated at all times
- Boost calf immunity by feeding Vitameg in both milk and feed
Vitameg is a feeding supplement with prebiotic and Omega-3 for young ruminants.
Vitameg’s combination of ingredients when fed to young ruminants will:
- Increase feed intakes.
- Stimulate rumen development.
- Increase daily live weight gain.
- Support calf natural defence mechanism.
- Improve digestibility
View our Vitameg brochure
To find out more, contact your local distributor